The CGDIS portal: a unique digital transformation to unify operational rescue services
Following its legal creation, the Corps Grand-Ducal d'Incendie et de Secours (CGDIS) decided to step into digital transformation and modernization of its operational management systems.
On this journey, the main challenge was to create a central pillar dedicated to store, exchange and manage data from the Luxembourg rescue services thus creating a brand new administrative and operational platform.
For a successful transformation, five major objectives were to be achieved:
- A unique, more integrated and comprehensive rescue organization
- Real-time monitoring of operations facilitated by improved user experience
- A global vision for each actor's professional situation
- Simplification of the chain of command with a better security management
- Total transparency on compensation management
Scope of the solution
- Implementation of a dedicated portal to act as a central pillar to access information regarding the emergency services
- Development of specific dashboards to monitor activities
- Building of a powerful middleware for data exchange between the portal and other third party systems (HR, Trainings, etc.)
The success factors of the solution
- The CGDIS fully embraced the agile approach for a constant delivery of the project and change management
- A suitable DevOps architecture with containers to allow easy deployments, multi-device usage, queuing systems for resilience and more
- Multi-channel application with secure access for all types of users
- A flexible, scalable and integrated solution
The dimension of the solutionA challenge of national interest with a high criticity and visibility. A project delivery approach that leads to a constantly evolving platform with new features.
Since its first launch on the 13/06/2019:
- 71 rescue entities have been migrated to the portal
- More than 190 service plans are treated on a daily basis
- More than 2.500 users can access the portal
and still a lot more to come!